Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Why I started cloth-diapering

It took me a long time to have this baby... After my two older kids were born, I lost 6 pregnancies, had 13 foster placements come and go, and was told we could adopt a baby, only to have the mother change her mind. I knew when I *FINALLY* had my baby, I would want to pamper him/her!

I started researching cloth-diapering about 2 years ago. I am a bit OCD (obsessive-compulsive) when it comes to researching, and I pretty much learned all I could about buying, washing, fitting, etc.

And then in September of 2008, I was able to start putting my knowledge into experience! I started using cloth diapers on my little miracle baby, and I've enjoyed every second of it!

I think of it as a hobby... a very fun- sometimes expensive- hobby. I ENJOY doing laundry- I am disappointed on non-wash days. When my other kids had poopy diapers, my husband and I used to argue about whose turn it was to change them. Now, when my little guy poops, I get excited to change him. Yep! It's like that!!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment