It was bound to happen... I kept buying these expensive inserts and doublers for the diapers, and I thought, "I bet I could make these myself." So I ordered supplies (various hemp and bamboo materials) and I went to it!
Tonight I made a 4-layer heavy bamboo fleece insert, a 2-layer fleece doubler with bamboo velour on top (SO SOFT!) and a second, smaller doubler. I don't own a serger, so I just top-stitched the fabric and trimmed the edges. Hey, not horrible for a first try! They may not be pretty, but I bet they'll work!
*Note* You might see a follow-up post where I'm crying about how they don't work. ;)