Friday, February 6, 2009

Fanatic for Fitteds

Hi, my name is Stacy, and I'm a fitted fanatic.

What happened? I never thought I would like fitteds, and I always thought, "Why would anyone bother with them?" And now.... Well.... As you can see, I've built quite a collection!

I still have 6 more fitteds on the way... and 3 more diapers that aren't pictured here.

So, the reviews:

* Bagshot Row Bamboo (BSRB) ($20, but hard to buy them)~ very soft diapers, very trim. They're not the most absorbent I have, but they hold up through a pee or two. I rarely use them because I'm not a fan of Snappis or pins. But they're definitely cute! My favorite thing about them is that they're turned and topstitched, which makes them easier on the baby's legs.

* Kiwi Pie ($25)~ Trim diapers made of very soft bamboo inners. The snaps on them are perfect. They're about the same absorbency as the BSRBs. The prints are so adorable!

* Sunseedlings ($13-$15 for custom)~ These are beautifully made, and very affordable for fitteds. The insides are just beautiful- she makes the lay-in soaker with the back of it matching the outer fabric. I ordered the night diapers- 3 layers of hemp, I believe- so they're not the trimmest diapers. But they fit well and hold quite a bit.

* CuddleBuns ($25, but I got seconds for $15)~ I haven't gotten to try these ON yet, but they sure are cute! VERY soft material, and obviously well-made. They look really cute, and I can't wait to try them on my little guy.

* PeeWells ($10-15 depending on size)~ These diapers are the most absorbent of the regular fitteds I have. Cute prints, well made. She sometimes sews the internal soaker with the same stitching as the diaper, which makes them easy to match up. The prints are cute, and the snaps are great. The snake soaker takes some getting used to, but it helps make these diapers hold a lot, and to me, that's worth it! I love these!

* Holden's Landing Bedbugs ($31-33)~ Soft, very stretchy material. The snaps are very adjustable, and these diapers really do hold up well overnight. I had mine made with OBV/OBV (organic bamboo velour) and had them dyed. Very pretty diapers. They hold a ton, without being TOO bulky. An awesome nighttime solution.

* Sustainablebabyish "Magic Diaper" ($31)~ This diaper isn't pictured. These are awesome for nights. They have soakers sewn on each end, and come with an extra doubler. They are stretchy and absorbent. Plain, natural color- but it's a night diaper, so who sees it? I add yet another doubler in these for my little guy to go 12 hours, and it's STILL not overly bulky, even with 4 doublers/soakers inside! Truly a magic diaper.

So yeah... I kind of like fitteds. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment