Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Variety is the Spice of Diaper Happiness

I've been reading a lot lately from people who say they have gotten bored of their diapers and re-vamped their stash multiple times. This sounds somehow familiar to me... ;)

Lately, though, I haven't had that. I think it's because I've kept such a variety in my stash. Before I had all pockets, and then all AIOs... Now I have a few different types and different brands, and that seems to keep the boredom at bay.

I have my BG Organic (snapping) AIO diapers that I mostly use for going out of the house. But sometimes, I just feel lazy, and I throw one of those on him at home during the day. And I am struggling through prefolds at the moment, and I like that old-fashioned factor they provide. And then there are my fitteds- I have a variety of those that snap or use pins, and then wool, PUL, and fleece covers. I like staring at my stash for a second and deciding what I feel like using.

Keeping a variety seems to be the way not to get burned out on cloth-diapering. When you still have choices and can use whatever you're in the mood for at the time, it adds a little spice to the diapering pot- and who doesn't like a little spice? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment